Sunday 8 January 2012

Fridge Madness

One wise piece of advice I have read about is cleaning out the fridge the day before you get groceries. This allows you to throw out the old and make room for the new and it prevents food from sitting in your fridge unused and decomposing forever. I do not practice this organization technique but after meal planning for the week and knowing groceries are in the near future I decided today was the day to start!

I took every single thing out of the fridge, shelves included. I scrubbed the shelves and the interior of the fridge with hot soapy water that I had added a bit of baking soda to.

These are all of the things that were on the shelves of fridge (notice the three BBQ sauce):


This is what I chose to throw out:


That sure is a lot of unnecessary stuff cluttering my fridge (and some of it was nasty).

I had put of the task for far too long but now I am thrilled to have it done.
Clutter equals visual chaos, fridge included!!!

Here are the clean fridge pictures:



Next, the freezer...

2 comments: