Thursday 5 January 2012

My Motivation

As part of being INTENTIONAL in 2012 I am starting the year off by working through the book:  31 Days to Clean: Having a Mary House the Martha Way (Sarah Mae)

Seeing as I am bound to fail doing a chapter a day (because my life definitely doesn't have room for that) I am tacking about two chapters a week.

The first chapter reflects on WHY you want a clean home. It states that if you can name your purpose then you will be able to remind yourself day in and day out WHY you are  spending time on the mundane things that never seem to stay accomplished.

The first task of the book is to write a mission statement that you can reflect upon and that will become your motivation. My mission statement, which will be displayed above my stove, consists of a quote and a bible verse.

I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, 
windows that need cleaning, and gutters
that need fixing because it means I have a home...
I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing
because it means that my loved ones are nearby.

"Young women are to be self-controlled and pure,
be busy at home, be kind, and to be subject to their 
husbands so that no one will malign the word of God."
Titus 2:5

This is my motivation! What is yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment