Sunday 11 December 2011

Let the Journey Begin!


My name is Rikki and I am a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom of three beautiful boys. I LOVE being home. It is the desire of my heart. 
BUT homemaking is a total learning process for me!

I do NOT come by it naturally. I have not figured out the secrets to organization, meal preparation, homeschooling, etc, etc, etc that make a day on the homestead flow smoothly. Most days, at one point or another, I feel overwhelmed and ponder what I could do differently to make the day flow just a tiny bit smoother. 

 One of my favorite pastimes is reading the blogs written by other moms who write about their own homemaking adventures. I love reading about how other moms run their homes. I love learning tips and tricks on keeping up with the chores, cooking, homeschooling while caring for screaming toddlers and bouncing a baby on a hip at the same time, and so on and so forth. 

So this afternoon I was doing the dishes and thinking about a few topics I had researched (one being how to make homemade yogurt in the slow cooker) and I thought "Why don't I blog about what I'm learning? Then I can share the tips and tricks that I find and that work so other families can benefit from them to!" 

So here I am! 

It may take me a little while to "get" this whole blogging thing. But I am going to give it a try. I plan on including bits and pieces of my own life and the adventures of raising three boys as well as my homemaking journey. 

Let the journey begin (or maybe I should say, continue!).

No comments:

Post a Comment