Monday 12 December 2011

Homeschool 101

Homeschooling is an everyday part of our lives. I have tons and tons of books, games, activities and learning manipulatives to help me teach my boys. 
What I do NOT have is a place or a system of organization for all of this. 
My boys also love to help themselves to all the materials during free play. This often means that two little sets of hands equals one big MESS! 



I have tried cleaning up after them... which is a never ending job. 
I have tried making them clean it up (actually putting stuff back where it somewhat belongs)... which is never ending mommy-nagging. 

I am very VERY excited to finally be working on a solution!

Introducing...

OUR HOMESCHOOL ROOM! (this is the before shot)


No more homeschool in the dining room! No more avalanches of workbooks, puzzles, games, etc from the closet! No more frustration with the never ending "mess"!

We have the walls stripped, moulding taken off, paint colors picked out and flooring bought. I have plans for rain gutter bookshelves, chalkboard paint, a "book nook" for reading...

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment