Friday 24 February 2012

Recipe Marathon

We were invited out to a friends for supper last week. I happened to notice this nice, organized recipe binder on my friends counter. All her recipes were printed up on nice paper and the binder was organized into sections based on what the recipes made. I decided that evening that I was going to make one of those myself...


Though I have great intentions I quickly realized what a big task this would be. Besides my dozen or so recipe books, I have a recipe box. In this recipe box are recipes that I have been handwriting on recipe cards since I was... oh... twelve maybe! 



The box contains a recipe, or two, for just about any dish/drink/dessert under the sun. The problem is that I have maybe actually made FIVE of these recipes over the last two decades... and typing them up would be a VERY BIG job when I don't even know if they are any good!

As a solution to this problem, this week I have started my Recipe Marathon! My rule is that in order for a recipe to make it into my typed, fancy recipe binder I need to cook it first for my family and we actually have to LIKE it! 

This week I have made Mashed Potato and Ham Casserole and Chunky Beef and Pork Chili. The first made the cut, the later not so much. It may be a long road to the finished product but we will get to try lots of new dishes along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment